Dating in lahore
This conical shaped minaret was built around 1607 AD (26 metres in circumference, 31 metres in height with 84 steps to the top). A building on the southern side of the hill is called Satbhain (Seven Sisters). It is a sacred pilgrimage place for Hindus throughout Sindh and even in India. To visit Sadh Belo one requires a permission from the department of Auqaf to go there. The shrine of a saint Khawaja Khizar, known as ‘Zinda Pir’ (also called “Jind Pir”) was built around 925 AD on a small island called “Hajee ka Tau” located north of Bukkur island fort, Sukkur.
According to folklore seven unmarried female friends resided here who veiled themselves from all males. It was initially for the children of railway personnel, but in 1897 it was opened to all local people. Unfortunately except the island, nothing much remains of this structure today. A guard is standing outside a bungalow close to railway line and Indus River in Sukkur. The photograph taken by Henry Cousens shows the shrine of a saint Khawaja Khizar, known as ‘Zinda Pir’ (also called “Jind Pir”).
Though the Karachi region has been inhabited for millennia, The settlement drastically increased in importance with the arrival of British East India company in the mid 19th century, who not only embarked on major works to transform the city into a major seaport, but also connected it with their extensive railway network.
The city had become well known for its high rates of violent crime, but recorded crimes sharply decreased following a controversial crackdown operation against criminals, the MQM political party, and Islamist militants initiated in 2013 by the Pakistan Rangers.
In 711 CE, Muhammad bin Qasim conquered the Sindh and Indus Valley.Alor (or Aror, Sukkur) held the status of capital under the reign of Musikanos, when Alexander invaded the region in 326 BC.The ruins of this ancient town still exist, 8 km east of Rohri, in Sukkur district. In 711 AD, the Arabs invaded Sindh, led by 17-year-old Muhammad bin Qasim, and Sukkur (including all of Sindh and lower Punjab) became part of the Umayyad Caliphate.A smaller bridge connecting Bukkur island to Sukkur city is also visible. The scheme had been launched by the Governor of Bombay, Sir George Ambrose Lloyd for whom it was named. Left Bank canals are Nara Canal, Mirwah Canal, Rohri Canal, Abul Wah and Right Bank canals are Dadu Canal, Rice Canal and Kirthar Canal.
It was the largest irrigation project ever undertaken, and irrigates the farmlands through its seven large canals. In November 2004, the government of Pakistan initiated a rehabilitation project to revitalize its water storage capacity and distribution efficiency. The experts claim that the rehabilitation of the barrage has increased its life for another 60 to 70 years. This rare edition of The Daily Gazette (later became The Sind Gazette) shows the Viceroy of India, Lord Willingdon, who inaugurated the Lloyd Barrage (built over Indus River near Sukkur) on 13 January 1932. The scheme had been launched by the Governor of Bombay, Sir George Ambrose Lloyd for whom it was named. The Shrine of War Mubarak is located near Rohri Railway station towards Sukkur.
Sukkur is nicknamed as ” (the Gift of River), as without the Indus the city would be a desert.